Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industries
Calls for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government to implement funded projects
Regional Chairman of Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industries (FPCCI) on Horticulture Exports Ahmad Jawad has said that the federal government funded three agriculture sector projects but Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government could not be implemented and a fund of Rs 103.727 million remained un-utilised for the last thirteen years.
In a statement here Monday, he said due to failure in timely completion the cost of the projects had reached to Rs 202.500 million. The projects which were included are the establishment of Dhaki Dates Processing Plant at D I Khan, Haripur Collection Point & Cold Storage and Batkhela Collection Point & Cold Storage.
The objectives of the projects were to cater to the demands of fruits and vegetable growers, processors and exporters and to focus on the entire supply chain and were funded under Export Development Fund (EDF).
Jawad said Country horticulture sector remain neglected on part of the KP government despite having initiated numerous requests with the KP officials in writing. Even last year a letter was sent to the KP agriculture minister on budget recommendations but not a single recommendation was taken care of in the provincial budget.
The FPCCI official said KP province is blessed with National agriculture produce varieties with delicious fruits and vegetables, but is continuously ignored.
It is imperative that Supply Chain may be developed in the valley of Swat, Charsada and other producing areas. Despite this, exporters were complaining of the lack of infrastructure.
Jawad also called upon the KP agriculture department to work closely with the FPCCI regional office so that the horticulture sector and its exports may flourish in the province.
1 Indian Rupee = 0.016 US Dollar
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: