Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
CSO Italy data on kiwi productionCSO Italy has recently updated the Italian kiwi production data for the 2017/2018 season. Supplies are low due to the frost that hit most of northern Italy as well as important producer regions, such as Lazio.
In addition, root asphyxia caused a lot of damage in some areas, just like the prolonged summer drought.
Inspections confirm an even steeper drop than expected. In Veneto, supply will be over 45% lower than 2016. In Emilia-Romagna, summer drought affected fruit development and production should be 10% lower than 2016.
Frost damage in Piedmont has led to a 30% drop, just like in Lazio.
After 2016, productions in southern Italy were more in line with the norm, though they only partly compensated the strong losses in central and northern Italy.
Inspections are still being carried out but, on a national level, volumes are expected to be 20% lower than in the previous year.
It's important to keep in mind, though, that last year's production was already the lowest of the past four years.
Therefore, this year's green kiwi production could be 40% lower than the 2013-2016 average and 50% lower than the potential Italy could express.
It will be interesting to see the final results which will be available in early December and, most of all, the stocks on 30th November. Considering how well the campaign started also due to the lower volumes from the southern hemisphere, sales could be more lively than in previous years.
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: