Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
United Fresh releases Q3 2017 FreshFacts® on Retail report
As retailers prepare for consumers to migrate towards online platforms for packaged goods, fresh offerings in the perimeter are playing a key role in attracting shoppers to store, according to the United Fresh Produce Association’s Q3 2017 edition of the FreshFacts® on Retail report.
This quarter’s report features seasonal category deep dives on berries, avocados and grapes, with a comparison of Q1 2017 vs. Q1 2016 results to help companies plan for a successful Q1 2018. A spotlight on the strength of organic produce showcases purchasing trends and commodities that still have room for expansion in this sector. The report also looks at value-added fruits and vegetables, including a continued feature on the packaged salad category.
In addition, the Q3 2017 report explores how innovation in the produce department is driving consumer demand for alternatives to pasta and rice. “Health and convenience are both key factors in the rise of new products in the produce department,” said Jeff Oberman, United Fresh Vice President of Trade Relations and United Fresh’s Retail-Foodservice Board liaison. “From kits to veggie noodles, we expect continued growth and expansion of fresh-cut and value added products, both in private label and branded produce.”
The FreshFacts® on Retail report, produced in partnership with Nielsen Fresh and direction from the United Fresh Retail-Foodservice Board of Directors, measures retail price and sales trends for the top 10 fruit and vegetable commodities as well as other value-added produce categories. The report is sponsored by Del Monte Fresh Produce.
The complete FreshFacts® on Retail report can be downloaded free of charge for all United Fresh members ($50 for non-members) here.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: