Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Man picks persimmons whilst hanging from a crane
A video showing a man in Baoding, Hebei, China Province making use of a crane to pick persimmons from a tall tree amused many Chinese citizens recently.
Click here to watch the video.
In the footage, the man can be seen being hung at the top of a tree, while the operator of the crane works scrupulously to help him get the most from his pickings.
The man stood on the edge of the lifting hook and picked persimmons with one hand while holding the crane's wire tightly with the other.
A police officer from the Public Security Bureau of Quyang County told The Paper that such an act was dangerous but not against the law, adding, "what he did was his own business — we had no right to interfere."
Chinese citizens were shocked at the video, with someone saying, "this is really the epitome of a devoted foodie!"
Publication date: 11/28/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: