Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MPC Container Ships acquires $130M fleet of feeder containers
MPC Container Ships, the feeder specialist set up by Germany's MPC Capital, has announced a deal for the acquisition of a fleet of feeder container vessels for $130m from Cido Shipping, news website Splash reports.
They told that the South Korean owner will be offloading their fleet of ten container ships to make an exit from the sector.
The specific vessels being sold to MPC are the 2007-built Ocean Arrow and MCC Dhaka, 2008-built Ocean Blue, 2009-built Maersk Warsaw, Maersk Westport and Maersk Weymouth, as well as 2010-built vessels Maersk Wiesbaden, Maersk Winnipeg, Maersk Wolfsburg, and Maersk Wolgast.
MPC Container Ships debuted in April and has quickly built up a fleet of vessels between 1,000 and 3,000 teu. It currently lists a fleet of 23 ships on its website and this latest acquisition propels them to 33 vessels, one third of the way to its target of owning 100 feeder boxships.
Splash understands Cido Shipping will utilise the proceeds of the sale for further vessel acquisitions in a different segment.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: