- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spain: Cobella expects to harvest 150 tons of pomegranates in first commercial season
- Technical Brexit agreement on 15 November at the latest
- New tech makes it cheaper & easier to track the cold chain
- US (CA): Proposals open for 2019 specialty crop grants
- US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Swiss acreage of early potatoes to be reduced
The concept remains unchanged compared to previous years, Swisspatat announced. The supply of the market with domestic hard-boiling potatoes (green line) during the transition phase from stock potatoes to the newly-harvested domestic potatoes poses a major challenge to the industry every year, it goes on to say.
In order for the market to be served as early as possible with Swiss early potatoes, it is important that those potato varieties be cultivated in the early areas.
According to Swisspatat, the early potato area in 2017 reached its upper limit. Only thanks to the empty warehouses could the entire harvest be marketed. The acreage for 2018 must necessarily be reduced slightly, in order to maintain a healthy supply and demand situation.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 France: Onion producers invest in ultra modern factory
- 09/25/2018 Washington potatoes in ample supply
- 09/25/2018 CHINA: Rising hopes for potato market in the second half of the year
- 09/25/2018 Highland farmers in Kenya to get new potato varieties
- 09/24/2018 Philippines customs intercept ₱16 million worth of smuggled onions
- 09/24/2018 Sweden’s fries could get shorter after hot summer
- 09/21/2018 ‘All preconditions for potatoes export to EU market fulfilled’
- 09/21/2018 Potato prices soar in Spain
- 09/21/2018 TAAT sweet potato compact launched in Accra
- 09/21/2018 US Market and Crop update onions
- 09/20/2018 US potatoes - 2017 Summary
- 09/20/2018 "Potato markets supported by confirmation of low yields throughout Western Europe"
- 09/19/2018 US: Truck with no brakes spills onions near Paterson
- 09/19/2018 Uganda: Sweet potato porridge hits supermarket shelves
- 09/18/2018 Market and Crop Update for September 13, 2018
- 09/18/2018 International potato sales highest ever for the United States
- 09/18/2018 France: "Surfaces planted with traditional shallots in decline"
- 09/17/2018 Potato Europe 2018: Focus on seeds, machinery and storage technology
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Potato harvest kicks off harvest in Bolu
- 09/17/2018 "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"