Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Swiss acreage of early potatoes to be reducedRepresentatives of production and trade have approved the ‘Early Potato Concept 2018’. The aim is a needs-based cultivation planning. For next year, the acreage is to be reduced.
The concept remains unchanged compared to previous years, Swisspatat announced. The supply of the market with domestic hard-boiling potatoes (green line) during the transition phase from stock potatoes to the newly-harvested domestic potatoes poses a major challenge to the industry every year, it goes on to say.
In order for the market to be served as early as possible with Swiss early potatoes, it is important that those potato varieties be cultivated in the early areas.
According to Swisspatat, the early potato area in 2017 reached its upper limit. Only thanks to the empty warehouses could the entire harvest be marketed. The acreage for 2018 must necessarily be reduced slightly, in order to maintain a healthy supply and demand situation.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: