Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
New Cold storage warehouse for garlic, ginger, and sweet potatoes
Delta Fresh breaks ground on new cold storage facilityConstruction has begun at Delta Fresh in Benthuizen, the Netherlands. This company specialises in cold storage and the refrigerated shipping of garlic, ginger and sweet potatoes, as well as the the sorting and packing of onions and celeriac. In order to keep up with the ever-increasing demand for storage and transportation of products such as garlic, ginger and sweet potatoes, the company is expanding it's storage capacity with 26 x 80 m building.
"It will be a big warehouse with a 900 pallet capacity for garlic, with a front hall for loading and unloading. There we will be able to store another 300 pallets of ginger and sweet potatoes in optimal temperature and humidity conditions. In addition to the dock shelters, there will also be a new office and cafeteria", says Wilfred Schipper.
"We have built a good name when it comes to storing and cooling these products. This has been good for business. We are anticipating further growth in the future, hence this new building. We will be able to work more easily and efficiently next year", he says. One of Delta Fresh's specialities is drying ginger that was received wet, in boxes. The storage of sweet potatoes is also a growing market for the company.
The new building will be built onto the existing one. It will have four dock shelters, which will ensure logistics is handled smoothly. They have opted for an ammonia cooling system for the cold storage. This is in order to meet future regulations. For storage and transportation, Delta Fresh has an EC-recognised Category K Customs Permit that allows them to operate a warehouse (Type C). They also have an AEO status, and are Skal certified, enabling them to store organic products as well.
"This expansion is the next step in further developing our service delivery to our customers. Modern, focused on the future, but with a level-headedness that comes from an agricultural background", concludes Wilfred.
For more information:
+31 (0) 625 503 921
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: