Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
US main destination for Peruvian asparagus
According to the Association of Exporters (ADEX), between January and September of 2017, Peruvian asparagus exports amounted to US $358,491,000, i.e. 5.9% less than in the same period last year.
According to the manager of a cooperative in San Borja, the fall was due to two reasons: the stagnation of production due to the age of the plantations, which has caused a low yield, and the high temperatures of the coastal El Niño, which reduced the productive level.
Despite presenting a 1.5% drop in demand, fresh asparagus was the main variety exported, with US $265,667,000, i.e. 74.1% of the total invoiced.
They were followed by canned asparagus with US $70,181,000 (a deceleration of 20.4%) and frozen asparagus with sales of US $22,642,000 (-1.9%).
According ADEX Data Trade, the United States was the main importer of Peruvian asparagus, as shipments to that country between January and September amounted to US $184,228,000.
Peru exports asparagus to another 45 markets; including Spain (US $45,756,000), the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, France, Japan and others.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: