Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US main destination for Peruvian asparagus
According to the Association of Exporters (ADEX), between January and September of 2017, Peruvian asparagus exports amounted to US $358,491,000, i.e. 5.9% less than in the same period last year.
According to the manager of a cooperative in San Borja, the fall was due to two reasons: the stagnation of production due to the age of the plantations, which has caused a low yield, and the high temperatures of the coastal El Niño, which reduced the productive level.
Despite presenting a 1.5% drop in demand, fresh asparagus was the main variety exported, with US $265,667,000, i.e. 74.1% of the total invoiced.
They were followed by canned asparagus with US $70,181,000 (a deceleration of 20.4%) and frozen asparagus with sales of US $22,642,000 (-1.9%).
According ADEX Data Trade, the United States was the main importer of Peruvian asparagus, as shipments to that country between January and September amounted to US $184,228,000.
Peru exports asparagus to another 45 markets; including Spain (US $45,756,000), the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, France, Japan and others.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: