Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US main destination for Peruvian asparagus
According to the Association of Exporters (ADEX), between January and September of 2017, Peruvian asparagus exports amounted to US $358,491,000, i.e. 5.9% less than in the same period last year.
According to the manager of a cooperative in San Borja, the fall was due to two reasons: the stagnation of production due to the age of the plantations, which has caused a low yield, and the high temperatures of the coastal El Niño, which reduced the productive level.
Despite presenting a 1.5% drop in demand, fresh asparagus was the main variety exported, with US $265,667,000, i.e. 74.1% of the total invoiced.
They were followed by canned asparagus with US $70,181,000 (a deceleration of 20.4%) and frozen asparagus with sales of US $22,642,000 (-1.9%).
According ADEX Data Trade, the United States was the main importer of Peruvian asparagus, as shipments to that country between January and September amounted to US $184,228,000.
Peru exports asparagus to another 45 markets; including Spain (US $45,756,000), the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, France, Japan and others.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: