Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Port of Santa Marta
Colombia exports 63% more cape gooseberries and gulupas
Between January and October 2017, 543 containers filled with cape gooseberries and gulupas have been exported to the entire world from the Port of Santa Marta, i.e. 63% more than in the same period of the previous year.
Cape gooseberry is very popular in the world for its vitamin content and it is Colombia's second most exported fruit after bananas.
Meanwhile, the gulupa is the country's third most exported fruit and it has a growing market.
Each container exported has 15 tons of product, which means the country has exported a total of 8,145 tons. The main destinations are the United Kingdom and Belgium. The fruit is exported by sea each week by Maersk and Seatrade, which connect with the most relevant international markets in the consumption of these national products.
The fruit is packed in pallets and baskets that are transported in a container at 6 to 7 degrees Celsius, with a humidity lower than 65%, which is constantly monitored to ensure proper conservation.
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: