Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Shandong vegetable prices dropping
According to the newest data from the Shandong Agricultural Information Network on 35 kinds of vegetables, Shandong vegetable prices have been continuously dropping from 13 until 19 November. That is the fourth week in a row. The average vegetable price is around 1.47 yuan per 500 gram, which is a drop of 21.12% from last year and a decline of 3% from last month. Compared to last year, the prices of 27 Shandong vegetables have dropped. The prices of 2 vegetables have stayed the same, and those of 6 have increased.
Shandong is an important producer, processor and exporter of agricultural products in China. In 2016, its vegetable production ranked first in the entire country. The Shandong vegetable price is a weathervane for the whole of China. According to an analysis of Shandong agricultural experts, large quantities of Shandong vegetables have entered the market, as a result of drops in temperature. Furthermore, as the sales period for outdoor vegetables comes to an end, the look and quality of the products are deteriorating. As vegetables from other provinces are also constantly entering the market, the price for Shandong vegetables is pulled down.
Source: Xinhua Net
Publication date: 11/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: