Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Excellent Thuringia potato harvest this yearAccording to the data of the Statistical Office of Thuringia, the potato harvest in Thuringia was above average in 2017, as an average of 49.1 metric tons per hectare of potatoes has been harvested.
This is an increase of 8 metric tons per hectare, or 21% per hectare, compared to the previous year (40.7 metric tons per hectare). The 2011/2016 long-term average, of 40.0 metric tons per hectare, was exceeded by 9 metric tons per hectare or nearly 23% per hectare. And even the last record yield from 2014 of 46.7 metric tons per hectare was topped by 2 metric tons or 5% per hectare.
The total volume harvested was around 81,700 metric tons. This is 8,400 metric tons more than the 2016 yield (73,300 metric tons). So the total harvest volume increased by almost 11% compared to the previous year. In 2017, the area for the cultivation of potatoes was around 1,700 hectares. This is a decrease of the area of about 280 hectares (-14%) compared to the 2011/2016 long-term average.
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: