Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Berlin startup company Wholey offers fresh smoothie kitsFresh smoothies are healthy, delicious and rich in vitamins and minerals. However, the preparation of these smoothies - researching recipes, purchasing and processing - are time consuming. In contrast, ready-to-go smoothies are usually produced long before consumption, thereby losing many of the valuable nutrients. Startup Wholey is solving this exact dilemma with a completely new and clever approach.
Wholey sells delicious organic smoothies in ready-made and pre-weighed recipes. Its special feature is that all fruit and vegetable ingredients are of organic or even biodynamic quality and are harvested immediately after reaching their optimal degree of ripeness, after which they are flash frozen instantly. This way a lot of the vitamins and nutrients are conserved. Depending on the recipe, grasses, herbs, nuts, nutmeg and superfoods are added.
The founders of the company: Alexander Stahr, Casimir van Carmer, Philipp Stahr and Alexander Carsten
All recipes are tuned so that no juice needs to be added. The smoothies are simply topped off with fresh water and are ready to serve after just sixty seconds in a blender. This is practical for health conscious connoisseurs who do not want to abstain from healthy food as a snack, after sports or in times of stress. But it is also suitable for restaurateurs, for whom the preparation effort is reduced to a minimum.
Currently there are nine varieties for sale, including six smoothies and three no milk shakes. They are now available in more and more restaurants and can also be ordered through the Wholey online store.
Almost half of all Germans regularly enjoy smoothies, usually in between meals or as a snack on the go. The mixture of fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and herbs is rich in vitamins and fiber, which supports the immune system and provides strength and energy for the day.
However, making smoothies is sometimes complicated and time consuming. Recipes must be created or collected, fresh products have to be bought. The processing itself is tedious and unused food stuffs often end up in the trash. On the other hand, through storage and processing, bottled smoothies often have already lost a considerable part of their natural vitamins and minerals. They are also sweetened or contain preservatives. Fruits and vegetables inevitably lose a part of their valuable nutrients between the moment they are harvested and the time of consumption. Vitamin C, for example, is sensitive to light, heat and oxygen; up to 20% of this healthy vitamin is lost every day. This process of degradation can be interrupted by rapid cooling, preserving cell structures and valuable nutrients.
For more information:
Tel. +49 30 75566794
Green Grizzly GmbH
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: