Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Copa and Cogeca and Freshfel promote #FruitVeg4You campaignWith consumption below the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations, Copa and Cogeca and Freshfel promoted their #FruitVeg4you Campaign this week underlining the many nutritious benefits of eating fruit and vegetables as part of a balanced diet.
Statistics show that European consumers eat on average 353 g of fresh fruit and vegetables a day which is below the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendation of a minimum of 400 grammes. This Social Media Campaign aims to encourage consumers to eat more and raise awareness of the importance of having a healthy and balanced diet by including the minimum daily intake of fruit and vegetables in it.
Supporting the Campaign to the public outside European Parliament, MEP Hilde Vautmans said “I support this initiative because I really want to encourage people to eat more fruit and vegetables every day. It’s really good for your health and for our European farmers who are still suffering the Russian export ban. We have the best European products. We encourage you to eat 3 or 4 pieces a day”.
Outlining ways to boost consumption, she said “In Belgium, for example, if a fruit basket is offered to employees, the tax rate can be diminished. Every week, a basket of fruit is delivered for people who work for me”. She also highlighted the importance of the EU School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme to encourage healthy eating habits at a young age.
This Campaign is a joint commitment by the European Fresh Produce Association Freshfel and Copa and Cogeca to the EU Platform on Diet, Physical Activity and Health.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: