Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Clementine demand exceeds supply"Our citrus fruit campaign starts in mid-October with the Caffin variety, followed by Spinoso and seedless Clementines from early November. The production cycle was affected by drought this year, as it didn't rain for over five months," explains Maria Malagrinň from Fruttone Srl in Corigliano Calabro (CS).
"Unlike previous years, quotations remained stable for a long period, as demand exceeded supply. We work mainly with the foreign market, as 70% of our production is shipped to Austria, Germany, France and Denmark, where prices remain constant and in line with our quality, despite the Spanish competition. Bergamots are also doing well, as sales volumes are much higher than last year."
Fruttone sales increased by 53% compared to last year thanks to the monitoring of the entire production cycle and the collaboration with producers. "Our cooperative now has 20 partners, which means we could have produce ready for commercialisation already during the second week of October."
"We have selected early varieties and equipped our producers with innovative high-tech irrigation systems. This also to protect groves in case of heavy drought."
For further information: www.fruttonebio.com
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: