Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Clementine demand exceeds supply"Our citrus fruit campaign starts in mid-October with the Caffin variety, followed by Spinoso and seedless Clementines from early November. The production cycle was affected by drought this year, as it didn't rain for over five months," explains Maria Malagrinò from Fruttone Srl in Corigliano Calabro (CS).
"Unlike previous years, quotations remained stable for a long period, as demand exceeded supply. We work mainly with the foreign market, as 70% of our production is shipped to Austria, Germany, France and Denmark, where prices remain constant and in line with our quality, despite the Spanish competition. Bergamots are also doing well, as sales volumes are much higher than last year."
Fruttone sales increased by 53% compared to last year thanks to the monitoring of the entire production cycle and the collaboration with producers. "Our cooperative now has 20 partners, which means we could have produce ready for commercialisation already during the second week of October."
"We have selected early varieties and equipped our producers with innovative high-tech irrigation systems. This also to protect groves in case of heavy drought."
For further information: www.fruttonebio.com
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: