- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- Coveris presents fully recyclable PE film for Co-op
- Record container production forecast for 2018
- India: Onions likely to cost Rs 45 a kg by Diwali on low crop
- Mushrooms a weapon in fight against global vitamin D shortage
- Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- ‘Vietnam optimizes dragon fruit exports’
- Construction of new Zederik Groep building for cooling fruit and folding cardboard trays
- New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- Jim McErlean becomes new VP of Sales at NatureSweet
- Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
Philippines: Ag sector grows 6.27% in Q3, farmer income by 3.68%
Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F. Piñol, citing an official report from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), said the agriculture sector also grew 4.64 percent in the first nine months of the year compared to the same period in 2016.
Photo by Russel Delvo, Special Prize Winner, 1st DA National Photography Contest
Farmers’ incomes for the first nine months likewise rose 4.19 percent compared to the same period last year, the DA Secretary added.
Pinol said that most notable in the sector’s performance in the first three months was the 14.17 percent growth in palay (unmilled rice) production during the third quarter of the year, which contributed to a 7.2 percent growth for the entire crops sub sector for the first nine months of 2017.
Crops accounted for 46.89 percent of total agricultural production in this period, the PSA said in its report.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Peach and nectarine campaign completed
- 10/18/2018 Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
- 10/18/2018 Prices on Bonaire and Saba rising more than on St Eustatius
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan
- 10/16/2018 Syria: Souq al-Hal market starts to thrive again
- 10/15/2018 Wuppertal student develops 'storage ABC' for fruits and vegetables
- 10/15/2018 Pharr, Texas celebrates the start of the 2018-2019 produce season
- 10/15/2018 Deluge continues across south-east Queensland
- 10/12/2018 New US trade agreement just 'tip of the iceberg'
- 10/12/2018 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'