Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line imports first-ever consignment of frozen fruit juice to India's NCR
Maersk Line, the global containerised division of the Maersk Group has announced the first-ever import of frozen fruit juice in reefers into DICT Sonepat. The import consignment of frozen fruit juice from China reached Sonepat on the 12th of October.
At present, reefer importers in North India import into Nhava Sheva and then truck the cargo to NCR. Under this scenario importers have to coordinate with multiple vendors and are frequently faced with shortage in availability of refrigerated trucks. These affect their overall logistics cost.
Maersk Line reports that their aim is minimising these challenges by facilitating a one-stop solution closer to the place of origin of cargo. This will help address the issues such as shortage of refrigerated trucks and transportation bottle-necks.
Mr. Steve Felder, MD - Maersk Line (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Maldives), said, “We are constantly innovating to provide an environment for ease of doing business, while maintaining an eye on effective cost of logistics. This aligns with our belief of enabling the India growth story by providing customers with a definitive, cost-effective and viable logistical solution.” ”
We will continue to focus on providing cooling technology solutions to transport and support the country’s cold chain produce into new and international markets,” said Ms. Ruchika Kuthari, Reefer and Pharma Sales Head, Maersk Line India Pvt. Ltd.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: