Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Eurotec on the internal transporter Lowpad
"Automatically controlled vehicle is much lower than conventional models
Eurotec have announced the launch of their Lowpad: a very low AGV (Automatically Lead Vehicle) for internal transport. Because it has a height of only 12 centimetres, up to 30 centimetres lower than regular AGVs, Eurotec claims it is the beginning of a new era for transport in warehouses.
The small Lowpad under the carts
No changes have to be made to the infrastructure of the warehouse to use the Lowpad: determining the positioning of the Lowpad is done wirelessly. The Lowpads are controlled by software that can be seamlessly integrated into the customer's existing system. The Lowpad system can be scaled and the models are also suitable for the most varied types of warehouse carts thanks to their limited height.
The Lowpad is 12 centimetres high.
Eurotec noticed a need within the AGV market for flexibility, the company says. The Lowpad was therefore brought out in a series of diverse models for different applications. The various Lowpad vehicles can be used in parallel. The Lowpads can carry out a lot of tasks that lighten the physical duties of order pickers and improve warehouse function.
With the aid of a scanning system and separately driven wheels, the Lowpad safely makes its way across the warehouse, according to Eurotec. During transport the Lowpad always chooses the most efficient route, they indicate. The Lowpad can also be used for order picking methods such as the goods to person concept. This can make order picking up to 70 percent more efficient. The low height of the Lowpad also creates extra vertical storage space. This can increase the warehouse capacity by 20 percent.
Lowpad van Eurotec.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: