Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru wants to boost potato production 10% by 2021
Miguel Ordinola, the coordinator of Latin America Projects in Peru for the International Potato Center (CIP), said that Peru currently plants 319,819 hectares of potatoes per year and that by 2021 the country would have 325,000 hectares of this product, which would represent a 2% increase in area.
Ordinola also said stressed that the country produced 4.7 million tons of potatoes per year and that, according to projections, Peru would produce 5.1 million tons by 2021, i.e. 10% more.
This growth would be mainly sustained by increasing the productive yields by 10%, from the current 14.9 tons per hectare achieved to 16.4 tons per hectare in 2021.
In addition, Ordinola said they expected per capita consumption of potatoes in Peru would increase by 12%, from 89 kilos per year to 100 kilos a year per person by 2021.
He also said that it was necessary to increase the farm gate prices by 12%, from the current S / 0.89 per kilo to S / 1.00 per kilo in 2021.
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: