Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru wants to boost potato production 10% by 2021
Miguel Ordinola, the coordinator of Latin America Projects in Peru for the International Potato Center (CIP), said that Peru currently plants 319,819 hectares of potatoes per year and that by 2021 the country would have 325,000 hectares of this product, which would represent a 2% increase in area.
Ordinola also said stressed that the country produced 4.7 million tons of potatoes per year and that, according to projections, Peru would produce 5.1 million tons by 2021, i.e. 10% more.
This growth would be mainly sustained by increasing the productive yields by 10%, from the current 14.9 tons per hectare achieved to 16.4 tons per hectare in 2021.
In addition, Ordinola said they expected per capita consumption of potatoes in Peru would increase by 12%, from 89 kilos per year to 100 kilos a year per person by 2021.
He also said that it was necessary to increase the farm gate prices by 12%, from the current S / 0.89 per kilo to S / 1.00 per kilo in 2021.
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: