Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Egypt: Chandler strawberry consumption up by 11% in the last year
The Chandler strawberry campaign began in Egypt at the beginning of November and it is scheduled to end in March. In recent years, this product has managed to open a space in the Russian market, so its popularity and consumption have significantly increased.
However, not all Chandler strawberries are sent to Russia, as Egypt itself is a great consumer of this variety. "We only export 20% of our production, since we find outlets in our own country," said Karim Chahboun, of Agrotrading. "We have premium quality strawberries, of which we produce 350 to 400 tons each season; second quality strawberries, of which we produce 300 to 400 tons; and third quality strawberries, which depend on the requests of customers."
"There are other countries producing strawberries at the same time as us that can compete with us thanks to their payment methods, such as Spain and Portugal," he added. This affects prices, which have ranged from 6.50 euro per kilo at the beginning of the campaign, to 3 euros per kilo now. "Last year we closed the campaign with prices of around 2.5 euro per kilo and, even though we started the campaign in a very similar way, we will have to wait and see what happens in the end, as France has yet to start marketing its own production."
For more information:
Telf.: +212 691 800 185 / +212 700 113 316
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: