Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Farah Abou El Roub, Valstar:
"Kale gaining popularity in the Middle East"
Kale is currently abundantly available in the Netherlands, and is becoming increasingly popular in America. It is, however, also popular in the Middle East. So says Farah Abou El Roub, Middle Eastern Account Manager at Valstar, a fresh produce wholesaler based in the Netherlands. "Here at Valstar, we are always on the look-out for new products and ideas in order to provide our Middle Eastern customers with interesting and successful products.
Green Kale is particularly popular. The newer varieties like Cavolo Nera and Red Kale do not sell as well. Farah says, "Customers are curious about these varieties, and then we send a sample so they can try it. We always get positive reactions to these samples."
Farah cannot say with certainty why there is such an increase in popularity in the Middle East. "It surprised me too. Kale is, however, well-known as a healthy product. You can also use it in all sorts of dishes, including Asian dishes", she says. Farah has her roots in Jordan, and when she is there on holiday, she comes across this product mostly in hotels and at upscale events. "I have yet to see it in local markets, but the retailers are including it more and more in their assortment."
For more information:
Farah Abou El Roub
110 ABC Westland
2685 DB Poeldijk
T: +31 174 530 800
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: