Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US vegetable grower-shipper donates 700 boxes of fresh vegetables
WP Rawl, grower processor and shipper of leafy greens, kicked off the holiday giving season with a donation of fresh produce to Harvest Hope Food Bank in Columbia, SC. The company is a year-round supporter of the non-profit and has donated over 750,000 pounds of produce this year alone.
For the past two years, WP Rawl has donated 500 gift boxes full of fresh vegetables for families in the community to prepare their Christmas meal. This year both Harvest Hope and WP Rawl decided to make a change and have the gift boxes available for the Thanksgiving holiday due to higher demand from the surrounding communities during this time. The donation size will also increase to 700 boxes.
“WP Rawl and the Rawl family have been amazing partners to Harvest Hope for many years. The 700 Thanksgiving gift boxes that they are donating this week are just the latest example of their dedication to providing nutritious food for people from all walks of life,” said Denise Holland, CEO of Harvest Hope Food Bank.
“With the holidays coming up, this gift could not have come at a better time and this donation will help hundreds of families have something extra to be thankful for. We cannot express enough gratitude for everything that WP Rawl does for Harvest Hope not just during the holidays, but throughout the year.”
“We are thankful to have the ability to donate our leafy greens and other fresh vegetables to those in need in our local community through Harvest Hope Food Bank,” said Ashley Rawl, vice president of sales, marketing and product development. “Knowing our company and family of employees helped put a nutritious meal on the tables of the less fortunate to enjoy really sums up the reason for the season.”
The vegetable boxes included items such as bagged leafy greens, beets, zucchini, cabbage, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green onions and leeks.
For more information:
Walter P. Rawl and Sons, Inc.
Tel: +1 803 785 3146
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: