Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US vegetable grower-shipper donates 700 boxes of fresh vegetables
WP Rawl, grower processor and shipper of leafy greens, kicked off the holiday giving season with a donation of fresh produce to Harvest Hope Food Bank in Columbia, SC. The company is a year-round supporter of the non-profit and has donated over 750,000 pounds of produce this year alone.
For the past two years, WP Rawl has donated 500 gift boxes full of fresh vegetables for families in the community to prepare their Christmas meal. This year both Harvest Hope and WP Rawl decided to make a change and have the gift boxes available for the Thanksgiving holiday due to higher demand from the surrounding communities during this time. The donation size will also increase to 700 boxes.
“WP Rawl and the Rawl family have been amazing partners to Harvest Hope for many years. The 700 Thanksgiving gift boxes that they are donating this week are just the latest example of their dedication to providing nutritious food for people from all walks of life,” said Denise Holland, CEO of Harvest Hope Food Bank.
“With the holidays coming up, this gift could not have come at a better time and this donation will help hundreds of families have something extra to be thankful for. We cannot express enough gratitude for everything that WP Rawl does for Harvest Hope not just during the holidays, but throughout the year.”
“We are thankful to have the ability to donate our leafy greens and other fresh vegetables to those in need in our local community through Harvest Hope Food Bank,” said Ashley Rawl, vice president of sales, marketing and product development. “Knowing our company and family of employees helped put a nutritious meal on the tables of the less fortunate to enjoy really sums up the reason for the season.”
The vegetable boxes included items such as bagged leafy greens, beets, zucchini, cabbage, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green onions and leeks.
For more information:
Walter P. Rawl and Sons, Inc.
Tel: +1 803 785 3146
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: