- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Seeka upgrades operational guidance to within 5% of 2016 profit
In June, Seeka had advised the market that, as a result of dramatically lower Hayward crop volumes in New Zealand, its operational earnings would be up to 15% down on the previous year’s operational earnings of $7.8m, with an expectation that the company would operate at the lower end of the range c.a $6.6m. The impact of the lower New Zealand Hayward crop volumes had been buffered by stronger earnings in its Australian business and New Zealand avocado business.
According to Seeka its mechanisms to manage expenditure, along with improved operational performance across its avocados and kiwifruit businesses, and emerging business [The Delicious Nutritious Food Company], has led it to revise the operational forecast upwards. "Seeka’s current expectation is that the after tax profit from operational earnings to be close to that achieved in 2016, and within a plus or minus 5% range. Accordingly guidance is for after tax net profit from operations for the full year within 5% of $7.8m," stated the company.
Seeka has however reviewed its banana ripening and supply business following a change in supply lines to a major customer where that customer is moving to their own direct supply of bananas. As a result of the review Seeka expects to impair the carrying value of the goodwill aspect of this business with that impact expected between $1.75m and $2.5m subject to audit. The Company notes that there are other revaluation processes underway which may positively impact profit through the financial year end process.
Seeka will continue to update the market should there be any material changes to outlook.
For more information:
Tel: +64 21 356 516
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 JD.com ramps up 7FRESH stores expansion across China
- 09/20/2018 Italy: 2500 tons expected of Dori' kiwis
- 09/20/2018 Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- 09/20/2018 Claas van Os leaving Levarht
- 09/20/2018 "We hope to benefit more people with our knowledge and machinery"
- 09/19/2018 Mooy Logistics sold for 3.96 million euros
- 09/19/2018 Eric Biddiscombe joins Polymer Logistics
- 09/19/2018 Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- 09/18/2018 Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
- 09/18/2018 Midwest distributor names Bob Reich as VP of Sales
- 09/18/2018 Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- 09/17/2018 Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- 09/17/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/17/2018 Dole Food Co. sold its 168,000 square-foot corporate campus for $50 million
- 09/14/2018 China: Qingdao pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 "China: "Frozen pumpkins processed in large volumes"
- 09/14/2018 United Fresh enhances industry relations team
- 09/14/2018 Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/14/2018 Sigfrido Fruit inaugurates new facilities and expects to reach 14 M€ in sales
- 09/14/2018 Ken Stewart managing sales at Asumendi Produce