Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Pacombi Group breaks gound
"New packaging distribution centre will have space for more than 45,000 pallets"
Last week, the Pacombi Group began construction of its new distribution centre. It will be located next to the A4 in Den Hoorn (Harnaschpolder) in the Netherlands, and will be 30 000 m2 in size. The new building will house Van der Windt Packaging, which has been part of the Pacombi Group since 2013. The new distribution centre will provide space for more than 45 000 pallets. Given the company's commitment to sustainability, the building will to built in accordance with BREEAM certification.
The Pacombi Group's owner, Jan Paardekooper's grandson, Seb, was allowed to break ground on this construction.
According to the Pacombi Group, it is one of the Netherlands' biggest players in the area of packaging and disposables. Its range consists of more than 40,000 items, used in, among others, the fresh produce sector, horticulture, the food industry, food retail, and the food service sector. The group owns companies such as Paardekooper Packaging, Depa Disposables en Van der Windt Packaging.
For more information:
16 WIllem Beukelszstraat
3261 LV Oud-Beijerland (Nederland)
T: +31(0)88 22 22 333
Publication date: 11/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: