Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Measuring ripeness with FluoMini sensor from Sendot Research
New ripeness sensor displays amount of chlorophyllA large number of sensors are being developed to establish the ripeness of fruit. This site recently reported on the development of a Wireless Handheld Spectrometer. This development makes measurements in the visible spectrum. However, Sendot Research already has a low-cost ripeness sensor available.
With this sensor, you don’t need a smartphone, and the amount of chlorophyll can be immediately read on the display. The amount of chlorophyll is a good indicator of fruit ripeness for a large number of fruits. With this sensor, the ripeness stage can be established even more accurately due to a measurement that can’t be done with the naked eye. By using a simple probe, the ripeness of fruit, but also of seeds, can be simply read on the display. The sensor can be connected to a smartphone, but can also function as a standalone.
The sensor is not just suitable for measuring fruit ripeness to decide the optimal moment of harvesting, it can also be used to measure chlorophyll in seeds (if necessary after the fruit has been extracted). Chlorophyll in seeds is decisive for the storability of the seeds. The sensor has been commercially available since early 2017, and is compatible with Android and Windows systems.
For more information:
3981 PC Bunnik
T: +31 (0) 30 636 84 77
M: +31 (0) 6 868 031 44
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: