Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- "As soon as I saw the Kiwano melon I thought - this is something special"
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Mango-flavoured gin created in AndalusiaThe first mango-flavoured gin in the world has just been launched; a revolution following on from the pink-coloured strawberry-flavoured gin. This new beverage, which will bring the flavours of the Tropic to its drinkers, shares the spirit of two companies: Trops, a leader in the production and marketing of tropical fruit, and Murex, a pioneer in the manufacture of craft beer.
The mangoes grown in the region of La Axarquia, Malaga, which have a great reputation in the European subtropical market, are the main raw material for Ballix; a drink that, according to its creator, the master brewer and distiller Antonio Montes, is "soft and pleasant to the mouth, delicate and with natural and tropical flavours, with a base note of jasmine and juniper."
To produce a litre of this gin, you need at least half a kilo of mangoes of the Osteen variety, the most common in the region of La Axarquia, and to which Ballix owes its orange colour.
The production process takes place at the headquarters of the company Murex, in Vélez-Málaga, where Montes said that, together with Trops, he has managed to "revolutionise" the distillation process for the preparation of the first natural mango gin without additives.
This "exotic and refreshing drink" is produced by macerating the mango in premium gin for twelve hours. To achieve the perfect result, its creators have needed a full year of testing and an investment of 500,000 Euro to adapt the distillation equipment at the warehouse run by Murex.
Trops Tropical Experience has produced about 10,000 litres ahead of the Christmas campaign. Moreover, Narbona Solís, specialised in the distribution of wines, distillates and food in Andalusia, will be the company responsible for the distribution of this beverage.
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: