Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
2017's first chartered plane with South American fruit lands in Zhengzhou
On November 15th this year's first chartered plane with fruit from Chile smoothly landed at Zhengzhou airport. This plane was loaded with a total of 31 tons of cherries and blueberries. It passed the strict examination of customs and the department for inspection and quarantine. This cargo of high quality fruit will quickly be distributed from Zhengzhou across a number of cities within the country.
Last year, Zhengzhou airport imported from South America a total of 4104 tons. Compared with the same period last year, this year has seen an increase of 68% in tons. This covers about 70% of total domestic air transport of fruit. Zhengzhou airport is gradually becoming one of the nation's principal collection and distribution centres for fruit imported by air. It is estimated that this year Zhengzhou airport will handle about 29 flights with fruit from South America, transporting about 3,100 tons of fruit. The peak of the transport season for fruit from South America will commence in the second half of November, and will last until the middle of December.
Source: people.cn - Henan channel
Publication date: 11/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: