Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese kiwifruit in great demand on the Taiwanese market
In 1988 Xiuwen county in China began planting kiwifruit. Since then, kiwifruit cultivation has taken off and on December 2014 the national quality inspection office announced and recognised it as a product with national brand protection.
At present, Xiuwen kiwifruit production covers about 11,133 hectares. This number puts the county in third place in the ranks of counties with the highest levels of kiwifruit production, with an annual production of up to 60,000 tons.
This year the first container of Xiuwen kiwifruit arrived in Taiwan on November 8th and the second container arrived just in time for the Asian Fruit and Vegetable exposition in Gaoxiong, Taiwan.
Merchants told that the entire shipment was sold out completely within a day. To meet the demand, a third and fourth batch have now been sent to Taiwan.
Publication date: 11/23/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: