Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: The organic banana chain should be taken as an example
The organic banana chain is the most important example of good organization at a national level, as the region currently has 9,000 certified hectares of this fruit, whose production is exported to different countries in the world, stated Engineer Abner Acuña Alberca, who welcomed the VI International Congress of Organic Bananas held in Piura, on behalf of the Regional Director of Agriculture, Engineer Mario Laberry Saavedra.
The VI CIBAN will bring together approximately 500 producers of organic bananas from the Piura region, in the auditorium of the National University of Piura.
Acuña Alberca said this productive chain should be taken as an example, because small producers of organic bananas export directly to several countries, something that the producer of other products could also do.
He also said that the Regional Government of Piura had been carrying out the Organic Banana Public Investment Project, through the Regional Directorate of Agriculture, since July 2015, and that it benefited approximately 8,200 organic banana producers in the Piura region, grouped in 83 organizations.
"Our Organic Banana Investment Project is very important because of the work we carry out with other institutions, such as INIA, SENAMHI, SENASA, UNP and PROMPERU to help the producers of the region."
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: