Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - T÷nisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: The organic banana chain should be taken as an example
The organic banana chain is the most important example of good organization at a national level, as the region currently has 9,000 certified hectares of this fruit, whose production is exported to different countries in the world, stated Engineer Abner Acu˝a Alberca, who welcomed the VI International Congress of Organic Bananas held in Piura, on behalf of the Regional Director of Agriculture, Engineer Mario Laberry Saavedra.
The VI CIBAN will bring together approximately 500 producers of organic bananas from the Piura region, in the auditorium of the National University of Piura.
Acu˝a Alberca said this productive chain should be taken as an example, because small producers of organic bananas export directly to several countries, something that the producer of other products could also do.
He also said that the Regional Government of Piura had been carrying out the Organic Banana Public Investment Project, through the Regional Directorate of Agriculture, since July 2015, and that it benefited approximately 8,200 organic banana producers in the Piura region, grouped in 83 organizations.
"Our Organic Banana Investment Project is very important because of the work we carry out with other institutions, such as INIA, SENAMHI, SENASA, UNP and PROMPERU to help the producers of the region."
Publication date: 11/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: