Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Vroegop-Windig sees growth in food service
"Exotic mushrooms gaining popularity"
The magical world of mushrooms with its extensive assortment of exotics is still inspiring food service in particular, according to Vroegop-Windig. Among fruit and vegetable specialists, oyster mushrooms, chanterelles, white and chestnut mushrooms are particularly popular. Vroegop-Windig is playing into the growing demand for special mushrooms with World on Mushrooms. They have more than 30 special wild and cultivated mushrooms in their assortment.
Exotic mushrooms Pied Bleu Ridder mushroom, Pom pom Pruik mushroom, White coral mushrooms and the pink oyster mushroom
Mushrooms are increasingly seen as as a possible meat alternative in the market. This has to do with the increase in the amount of people who choose a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle. Restaurants are playing into this: as well as the beef wellington, there are mushroom wellingtons on the menu, and mushroom burgers are also increasingly common on the vegetarian menu. At the moment the Maitake is a very popular mushroom. Maitake is often added to soups, sauces or tea. The pink oyster mushroom, cauliflower mushroom and Pied Bleu are popular at Vroegop-Windig again this year. The mushroom peak is expected around Christmas and there will then be more clarity on the market developments.
Maitake and yellow oyster mushroom
Voor meer informatie:
T: 020 – 606 18 18
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: