Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- “Single pineapple box ready for introduction”
- "Packing under our own brand is about driving innovation, driving taste, adding value"
- Central Valley grape crop benefits from lack of extreme heat
- Multi-million dollar campaign and in-store displays drive Halos mandarin sales
- Plums and cherries: Delicious new hybrid from California
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
A look beyond the glass:
US: NatureFresh Farms holds first Open House in Delta, Ohio
On Wednesday, November 15th & Thursday, November 16th NatureFreshFarms opened their doors to the community in Delta, Ohio for their first ever Open House.
“The Ohio community has been extremely supportive throughout the entire build and we have continuously received many inquiries from our neighbors wanting a chance to take a look behind the glass” explained John Ketler, General Manager. “Education is a key component of who we are and we wanted to ensure that our neighbors had a chance to see exactly how we grow; from seedling to harvest.”
Within days of the registration going live, NatureFresh saw well over 1000 people registered to tour the facility. The team had originally planned on the event lasting one day, however, had to extend the tour to two days in order to accommodate all those interested.
“For us, it’s more than just existing in Delta. We want to be an active partner in the community. It is important for us to show our neighbors how we grow and provide total transparency,” commented Peter Quiring, President and CEO. “We had school groups, senior homes, care facilities, farming clubs, and many families come out. It was great to be able to show everyone exactly where the produce they have sitting on their kitchen table comes from”.
With interactive sessions the team was able to give individuals a firsthand understanding of greenhouse growing techniques such as the Integrated Pest Management (IPM) system & the growing medium.
The company operates on a mantra that was coined by Peter Quiring “We don’t just grow produce, we grow people”. In that spirit, NatureFresh partnered with JJ Safe House and Open Doors Delta to raise awareness and funds for the local charities. With produce being sold for $2 an item, approximately $2000 was raised in addition to over 3000 lbs of produce being donated to the charities to help support local families having a healthier and happier Thanksgiving.
“The feedback we received after the event was phenomenal,” said Ketler. “The community was amazed by everything from the scope and technology incorporated in the facility to the flavor of the tomatoes. Overall, we couldn’t have asked for a better event.”
For more information:
Tel: +1 519 326 1111
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: