Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Plantain producers agree on a suggested price for plantains
After analyzing the current conditions in the national market, the price and marketing committee of the Regional Agricultural Union of Plantain Producers of the Pacific Center, Colima, Jalisco and Michoacan, agreed that the suggested price paid to the producers for a kilogram of the giant dwarf variety packed in wooden boxes, should be 1 peso 50 cents.
The Union stated that the price of fruit in states such as Tabasco is "80.00 per box, i.e. 4.32 per kilo; while the sale price in the warehouses is above 3.00 pesos per kilo."
The Regional Union suggested that producers adjust the price of the kilogram to 1 peso and 50 cents, as the sales price in the Pacific Center is 80 cents per kilo, so producers were losing 70 cents per kilo.
Finally, they invited producers to defend the price and obtain a fair price that helps reactivate the economy of the productive chain of the regional Plantain System.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: