Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New brand appearance: focused and refreshed
COBANA presents new corporate design and name changeFrom now on, the fruit trade company COBANA (formerly Cobana Fruchtring) will have a new, modern corporate design. Its changed appearance underlines the future-oriented intent of the corporate group. Its strategic customers and international partners are still clearly their main focal point. Today, COBANA is forming a retail business program, working together with its international production partners. COBANA is actively and directly trying to fulfil all customer requirements.
In 1964, the group was formed through the founding of Cobana, with the aim of pooling banana purchases at the source, remaining independent from multinational competitors. In 1979, Fruchtring was founded to pursue the same goals concerning other fruits from overseas. In 2001, both companies merged in order to be able to do business directly with emerging food retailers, from a single source. This merger was reflected in the old Cobana Fruchtring logo.
Influence and competence
As part of the logo relaunch, it was decided to concentrate on the company name "COBANA GmbH & Co. KG"; and a corresponding renaming was undertaken. "The name COBANA has established itself internationally in recent decades. Today, COBANA stands for direct influence and competence in production as well as a first-class, innovative service in sales and distribution," said Jürgen Bruch, Managing Director of the Hamburg-based group. On an international level, especially, the new company name is easier to understand. In addition to bananas, COBANA procures pineapples, apples, avocados, citrus fruits, grapes and other fruits from overseas. The steadily growing assortment is continuously supplemented by even more exotic products.
A new slogan was developed, in line with the company goals. With the slogan "Growing Passion", COBANA presents itself as fresh and international. The slogan refers to natural and sustainable growth, brings up positive associations with the phrase "nature" and emphasizes COBANA’s passion for the fruit business.
For many years now, COBANA has attached great importance to sustainable production. Currently, for example, the project "Strengthening Sustainable Cultivation Practices on Banana Farms in Costa Rica and Ecuador", is run by the fruit trading company in cooperation with the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. It is part of the develoPPP.de Programme, and COBANA is working together with the German Society for International Cooperation and the Platanera Río Sixaola in Costa Rica.
For more information:
COBANA GmbH & Co. KG
Sprecherin: Charlotte Stojan
Neue Burg 2 20457 Hamburg
040 - 303 05 270
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: