Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK vegetable prices send WPI inflation to 6-month highWholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation in the UK hit a 6-month high in October. The rise compares with a 3.01 per cent increase forecast by economists in a Reuters poll.
The main reason was vegetable prices, with inflation up from 3.92 per cent to 7.4 per cent.
Onions and tomatoes appear the main causes, though the government did not issue full details. Falls in fuel prices were offset by higher food costs, in particular those for potato crisps, the Office for National Statistics said.
Inflation's impact on the British economy is being exacerbated by the fact that real wages are actually growing more slowly than prices are rising, meaning that the average Brit is actually seeing the amount of money they have to spend decrease.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: