Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
UK vegetable prices send WPI inflation to 6-month highWholesale Price Index (WPI) inflation in the UK hit a 6-month high in October. The rise compares with a 3.01 per cent increase forecast by economists in a Reuters poll.
The main reason was vegetable prices, with inflation up from 3.92 per cent to 7.4 per cent.
Onions and tomatoes appear the main causes, though the government did not issue full details. Falls in fuel prices were offset by higher food costs, in particular those for potato crisps, the Office for National Statistics said.
Inflation's impact on the British economy is being exacerbated by the fact that real wages are actually growing more slowly than prices are rising, meaning that the average Brit is actually seeing the amount of money they have to spend decrease.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: