Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand could soon export fresh avocados to China with new protocol
New Zealand hopes to be exporting fresh avocados to China soon after talks to meet regulatory requirements.
A protocol has been signed between the Ministry for Primary Industries and China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine.
AQSIQ will audit New Zealand's system for exporting avocados in mid-December.
New Zealand already exports fresh apples, kiwifruit, cherries, plums, citrus and persimmons to China and it's hoped a significant market can be built for avocados.
In the 2016/17 season, New Zealand produced a record 7.9 million trays of avocados worth more than $200 million.
About $155.5m worth of avocados were exported to markets such as Australia, Japan, Singapore, Korea and Thailand.
"China is very aware of the significant global increase in avocado consumption, the associated health benefits and the strong growth and huge potential in the avocado category," says New Zealand Avocado chief executive Jen Scoular.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: