Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand could soon export fresh avocados to China with new protocol
New Zealand hopes to be exporting fresh avocados to China soon after talks to meet regulatory requirements.
A protocol has been signed between the Ministry for Primary Industries and China's General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine.
AQSIQ will audit New Zealand's system for exporting avocados in mid-December.
New Zealand already exports fresh apples, kiwifruit, cherries, plums, citrus and persimmons to China and it's hoped a significant market can be built for avocados.
In the 2016/17 season, New Zealand produced a record 7.9 million trays of avocados worth more than $200 million.
About $155.5m worth of avocados were exported to markets such as Australia, Japan, Singapore, Korea and Thailand.
"China is very aware of the significant global increase in avocado consumption, the associated health benefits and the strong growth and huge potential in the avocado category," says New Zealand Avocado chief executive Jen Scoular.
Publication date: 11/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: