Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Australian dried fruit growers to converge in Sunraysia for AgDayDried grape growers will converge in Sunraysia on November 21 to celebrate the inaugural National Agriculture Day.
A field day organised by Dried Fruits Australia (DFA) will include a barbecue and an information session on vineyard redevelopment. DFA Chairman Mark King said local producers would join industry groups across the country in recognising one of Australia’s most important sectors.
“Australia’s success as a producer begins with our farmers, so we will be using AgDay to acknowledge their hard work and build their capacity and knowledge,” Mr King said.
Mr King said dried grape growers could increase production levels by redeveloping their vineyards. “Creating an ongoing business plan that includes replacing less productive older vines is a vital part of running a successful dried fruit enterprise,” Mr King said.
“During the planning process, producers have to make a range of development decisions that will likely affect their business for the next 10 to 15 years. The field day gives growers an opportunity to ask questions and get advice from other growers, including Ashley Johnstone who has experience in vineyard redevelopment,” Mark King closed.
The field day will be held from 5.30pm at 2880 Sixteenth Street, Irymple.
For more information:
Dried Fruits Australia
Tel: +61 03 5023 5174
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: