Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australian dried fruit growers to converge in Sunraysia for AgDayDried grape growers will converge in Sunraysia on November 21 to celebrate the inaugural National Agriculture Day.
A field day organised by Dried Fruits Australia (DFA) will include a barbecue and an information session on vineyard redevelopment. DFA Chairman Mark King said local producers would join industry groups across the country in recognising one of Australia’s most important sectors.
“Australia’s success as a producer begins with our farmers, so we will be using AgDay to acknowledge their hard work and build their capacity and knowledge,” Mr King said.
Mr King said dried grape growers could increase production levels by redeveloping their vineyards. “Creating an ongoing business plan that includes replacing less productive older vines is a vital part of running a successful dried fruit enterprise,” Mr King said.
“During the planning process, producers have to make a range of development decisions that will likely affect their business for the next 10 to 15 years. The field day gives growers an opportunity to ask questions and get advice from other growers, including Ashley Johnstone who has experience in vineyard redevelopment,” Mark King closed.
The field day will be held from 5.30pm at 2880 Sixteenth Street, Irymple.
For more information:
Dried Fruits Australia
Tel: +61 03 5023 5174
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: