Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australian dried fruit growers to converge in Sunraysia for AgDayDried grape growers will converge in Sunraysia on November 21 to celebrate the inaugural National Agriculture Day.
A field day organised by Dried Fruits Australia (DFA) will include a barbecue and an information session on vineyard redevelopment. DFA Chairman Mark King said local producers would join industry groups across the country in recognising one of Australia’s most important sectors.
“Australia’s success as a producer begins with our farmers, so we will be using AgDay to acknowledge their hard work and build their capacity and knowledge,” Mr King said.
Mr King said dried grape growers could increase production levels by redeveloping their vineyards. “Creating an ongoing business plan that includes replacing less productive older vines is a vital part of running a successful dried fruit enterprise,” Mr King said.
“During the planning process, producers have to make a range of development decisions that will likely affect their business for the next 10 to 15 years. The field day gives growers an opportunity to ask questions and get advice from other growers, including Ashley Johnstone who has experience in vineyard redevelopment,” Mark King closed.
The field day will be held from 5.30pm at 2880 Sixteenth Street, Irymple.
For more information:
Dried Fruits Australia
Tel: +61 03 5023 5174
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: