Job offersmore »
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
Exchange ratesmore »
Farmington Fresh named exclusive US provider of sliced Opal® apples
Farmington Fresh, a provider of fresh sliced apples, oranges, pears, and other fruits and vegetables to the food service industry and retailers, has reached an agreement with FirstFruits Marketing of Washington to be the exclusive U.S. provider of sliced Opal brand apples.
Discovered in Europe in 1999 and grown exclusively in the U.S. by Broetje Orchards in Washington State, this apple is a cross between the Golden Delicious and Topaz varieties.
"Farmington Fresh was inspired by the innovation that my grandfather, Nick Rajkovich, brought to the fruit market in his day, and this variety is a perfect match to the legacy of excellence that he was known for," said Garrison Rajkovich, marketing manager at Farmington Fresh.
"We're thrilled to be partnering with the Broetje Orchards team to provide a product that fits perfectly with our focus on high quality and customer satisfaction."
After over a decade of cultivation and refinement at more than 60 orchards throughout Europe and the Mediterranean, Opal brand apples started being grown in the U.S. in 2010. Known for its distinctive yellow-gold color, this variety has been described by some as a "dessert apple" for its floral aroma and sweet yet tangy flavor.
Farmington Fresh offers year-round availability of sliced Opal brand apples for both retail and foodservice. In addition to being the largest supplier of sliced apples for school lunches across California, the company provides this variety along with sliced green and red apples to Northern California retailers including Safeway Inc. and Nugget Markets, with plans to expand its distribution area.
For more information:
Tel: +1 209 926 3518
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: