Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Capitalising on consumer demand for convenience
Fresh cut producer releases new line of ready-to-cook vegetables
Inspired by consumer demand for more convenient, healthy and unique ways to serve fresh vegetable dishes, Eat Smart, a producer of fresh-cut vegetables and salads for the United States and Canada, is launching TimeSavors, a line of ready-to-cook fresh vegetable side dishes.
The line’s three initial offerings will include Cauliflower Gratin, Cauliflower Fried Rice and Green Bean Sauté and will make it even easier for consumers to prepare and enjoy a restaurant-style side dish.
“Eat Smart is known for its washed & ready-to-eat fresh vegetables, but consumers are looking for faster and more delicious ways to prepare them,” said Anne Byerly, Vice President of Marketing, Apio. “Our new TimeSavors kits take fresh vegetables even further, offering a complete recipe with just five minutes of prep time.”
- Cauliflower Gratin is a replacement for baked macaroni and cheese, giving consumers the taste of a family favorite dish that is better for you. The dish incorporates a cheese sauce and seasoned panko bread crumbs over fresh cauliflower florets. The 14-ounce Cauliflower Gratin TimeSavors kit will be available in the U.S. this fall, at a suggested retail price of $4.99 and will be available in Canada in early 2018 at a suggested retail price of $5.99.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice is a lighter, healthier alternative to fried rice dishes. The dish incorporates cauliflower and broccoli rice, diced carrots and celery, and an Asian finishing sauce. The 16-ounce Cauliflower Fried Rice TimeSavors kit will be available in the U.S. this fall, at a suggested retail price of $4.99 and will be available in Canada in early 2018 at a suggested retail price of $5.99.
- Green Bean Sauté is an Asian-inspired twist on a classic restaurant side dish. Fresh trimmed green beans are sautéed in a spicy Asian finishing sauce and garnished with sesame seeds. The 16-ounce Green Bean Sauté TimeSavors kit will be available in the U.S. this fall, at a suggested retail price of $4.99 and will be available in Canada in early 2018 at a suggested retail price of $5.99.
Both Cauliflower Fried Rice and Cauliflower Gratin carry an Eat Smart 100% Clean Label, with no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and the Green Bean Sauté will be 100% Clean Label next year.
For more information: eatsmart.net
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: