Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Chilean cherries, blueberries and avocados showcased at FHC China 2017
The Chilean Fruit Exporters Association (ASOEX) united with Chilean chef Ricardo Gonzalez to stage a special event showcasing the best of the country’s cherries, blueberries and avocados during the Food and Hotel China (FHC China) 2017 trade exhibition, which took place in Shanghai from 14-16 November.
ASOEX Director of Marketing for Europe and Asia, Charif Christian Carvajal, explained that Chilean fresh fruits were being promoted during the event through cooking shows, product tastings and gastronomy competitions.
“This is the first time that our sector, via the Blueberry, Cherry and Avocado Committees, has developed a cross-sector promotion in collaboration with Patagonia Mussels, Wines of Chile and ProChile,” said Carvajal. “Food and Hotel China is an important event focused on the HoReCa sector, that is to say hotels, restaurants and caterers in China, which allows us to showcase the versatility and quality of our fruits to professionals in this sector.”
Carvajal continued: “We have developed several cookery shows under the leadership of Chilean chef Ricardo Gonzalez who has created a number of original recipes especially for the event, including duck salad with cherries, blueberry and feta cheese salad, mussels in green salsa and avocado salad. This year, chef Gonzalez is also participating in a culinary competition which has been held as part of the exhibition.”
Carvajal added that Chile gained first place at the previous edition of FHC China. “By taking part in this fair, we are able to reach a captive audience in this sector such as importers and distributors, as well as young chefs, and are able to demonstrate that there is a world of possibilities when it comes to dishes that can be created using our fruits,” he said.
According to Carvajal, FHC China has become a key platform for reaching an under-explored segment for fresh fruits in China in the form of hotels, restaurants and caterers, especially as regards Chinese restaurant chains, which have some of the greatest penetration at a global level within the country.
César Suárez, ProChile’s Director in Shanghai, added: “This is an important event for promoting Chilean products and it is the second time we have helped the private sector to be present at the show. We hope to be able to add new Chilean foods and drinks for the 2018 edition.”
For more information:
Tel: +34 915247437
Publication date: 11/17/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: