- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Innocent Bosire, MintosHerbs:
"Potential in Eastern Europe & Russia for fresh mint from Kenya"
"Overall, the colder temperatures haven't been too bad for the herbs, with the exception of chives, where we are seeing losses of around 50%, due to lack of vital sunlight. The biggest effect we've noticed is that the chives are a little shorter and the growing cycle is lengthened by around 5 days, but luckily the quality of what is available is quite good," shared Innocent Bosire from MintosHerbs.
A large portion of the company's production is currently for mint and basil, which has been less affected by the cold weather, along with tarragon, thyme and coriander.
"We are currently producing 3.5 tons of mint every week and have been looking at new markets to ship our fresh herbs to. We are been very interested in finding new partners in Eastern Europe, Ukraine and Russia for our fresh mint and basil, especially because I think that there could be a lot of demand in these countries," said Innocent.
Innocent said that they have their eyes on expansion next year, and would like to increase their basil production to 400 kg per week.
"We are currently growing our herbs on 15 acres, but we have a lot of opportunity for expansion. We own a 20 acre field at another location in a warmer area, which would make it perfect for growing Basil."
For more information:
Tel: +254 717 305339
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/04/2018 The Gemini basil: an alternative from Sais
- 10/03/2018 "Herb market switching from European to Israeli and Kenyan products"
- 09/27/2018 China: Coriander price dropped 76% this week
- 09/10/2018 China: Coriander production volume down 90% this year
- 08/30/2018 Spain: Aromatic plant cultivation has great potential
- 08/28/2018 First Georgian greens company to access EU market - Herbia Ltd
- 08/22/2018 Chinese ginger harvest ruined by floods
- 08/16/2018 "Fennel cultivation under pressure"
- 08/14/2018 “Availability of herbs will become difficult in coming month”
- 07/20/2018 Herb growers keep eye on California heat
- 07/17/2018 Growing herbs and vegetables under the sea
- 07/13/2018 "Empty ginger market - prices are rocketing"
- 07/02/2018 Growing the right micro green mix in geothermal greenhouses
- 06/26/2018 Italy: Aromatic herbs by Ortingaunia
- 06/19/2018 Italy: Di Meo Remo acquires new production areas
- 06/11/2018 Isreali Gaia Herbs opens European sales office in ABC Westland
- 06/07/2018 First in-mall herb garden at SM Aura Premier
- 05/17/2018 Wireless system for precision irrigation in soil-less greenhouse basil cultivation
- 05/15/2018 "European aromatic herb market is growing strongly"