Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Stefan van Slobbe: "Twelve Strauss machines installed"
Mexico: First asparagus business to pack and sort fully automatically
The Dutchman, Stefan van Slobbe, represents the German asparagus machine manufacturer, Strauss, in North and South America. "Recently the Empaque Rio Colorado (ERC) company bought six Strauss sorting machines and another six Strauss bunchers. This makes them the first Mexican business to transition 100% into being fully automated when it comes to sorting and packing asparagus."
"One of the most important reasons ERC chose Strauss' sorting and packing machines is the reduction in labour costs. You need hardly any staff with knowledge of packing. In addition, the machines ensure a uniform thickness during the sorting process, as well as better quality asparagus. The product is washed better and the machines also have very good production statistics", says Stefan.
Over the past few years, Empaque Rio Colorado have doubled its asparagus acreage from 450 to 900 hectares. The twelve machines were installed in October and will be begin definite work in December. "Besides ERC, there are four other companies in Mexico that sort with Strauss machines. Gourmet Trading is one of these", says Stefan.
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: