Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Stefan van Slobbe: "Twelve Strauss machines installed"
Mexico: First asparagus business to pack and sort fully automatically
The Dutchman, Stefan van Slobbe, represents the German asparagus machine manufacturer, Strauss, in North and South America. "Recently the Empaque Rio Colorado (ERC) company bought six Strauss sorting machines and another six Strauss bunchers. This makes them the first Mexican business to transition 100% into being fully automated when it comes to sorting and packing asparagus."
"One of the most important reasons ERC chose Strauss' sorting and packing machines is the reduction in labour costs. You need hardly any staff with knowledge of packing. In addition, the machines ensure a uniform thickness during the sorting process, as well as better quality asparagus. The product is washed better and the machines also have very good production statistics", says Stefan.
Over the past few years, Empaque Rio Colorado have doubled its asparagus acreage from 450 to 900 hectares. The twelve machines were installed in October and will be begin definite work in December. "Besides ERC, there are four other companies in Mexico that sort with Strauss machines. Gourmet Trading is one of these", says Stefan.
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: