Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Local, Max Havelaar and organic in Swiss supermarketsSwitzerland is known to be an expensive country. Two years ago the Swiss Central Bank abandoned its fixed exchange rate and suddenly the country's currency increased in value by 30% compared to the euro. At one branch of Coop City in the centre of Geneva, there seems to be a lot of Swiss products on the shelves. What is also very striking is the large number of organic, and Max Havelaar products.
Click here to see the photo report.
Coop City is one of Coop Switzerland's retail formulas. The multi-story shop could best be described as a department store. Besides all kinds of fashion items and lifestyle articles, there are piles of toys. Take the escalator down to the basement, and you find the supermarket section. Once off the escalator, you walk straight into the fruit and vegetable section, which has a small size, but a large variety. This section extends seamlessly into the bakery, with other sections further in the shop.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: