Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Local, Max Havelaar and organic in Swiss supermarketsSwitzerland is known to be an expensive country. Two years ago the Swiss Central Bank abandoned its fixed exchange rate and suddenly the country's currency increased in value by 30% compared to the euro. At one branch of Coop City in the centre of Geneva, there seems to be a lot of Swiss products on the shelves. What is also very striking is the large number of organic, and Max Havelaar products.
Click here to see the photo report.
Coop City is one of Coop Switzerland's retail formulas. The multi-story shop could best be described as a department store. Besides all kinds of fashion items and lifestyle articles, there are piles of toys. Take the escalator down to the basement, and you find the supermarket section. Once off the escalator, you walk straight into the fruit and vegetable section, which has a small size, but a large variety. This section extends seamlessly into the bakery, with other sections further in the shop.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: