Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Emirates Airways may launch new route to Maputo, South Africa
Emirates Airways could launch a new route to Maputo, South Africa following an agreement with Mozambique's national airline LAM.
In an interview with the daily newspaper “Noticias”, Mozambique's consul in Dubai, Jose Bernardo Maneia, explained that the recently signed agreement has led to discussions on how to proceed.
Previously, senior officials from the airline have stressed the strategic need to focus on expanding the list of destinations in Africa, including Maputo.
Maneia added that the air link would be just one of a number of projects being developed which includes mining, agriculture and other services.
He gave as an example the recent visit of the director of the head of the Emirati company Al Nowais Investment, Hussein Al Nowais, to Mozambique to look at opportunities in renewable energy, mining and infrastructure.
He also revealed that the company Majid Al Futtaim is looking at importing fruit and vegetables from Mozambique, and that the Al Omran group has expressed the desire to develop 20 thousand hectares of land for horticulture.
Currently, 33 Emirati companies operate in Mozambique, with seven Mozambican companies operating in the United Arab Emirates.
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: