- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- India – Decline in apple imports 9 percent year-on-year - pear imports 4 percent
- New mandarin snacking stations aim to attract health-concious buyers
- AU: Buying a packet of tomatoes will continue the fight against Bone Marrow Failure
- The avocado: Today's problem crop
- ‘Napier Port is of critical importance to the industry’
Argentinian citrus exports to Ukraine reduced by half
According to Ukrainian customs statistics, in September 2017, Argentina shipped only 1.2 thousand tonnes of these fruits to the Ukrainian market, which is about half the volume exported in the same month a year earlier. Analysts blame this to the decline in citrus production in Argentina due to unfavourable weather conditions, as well as to a general reduction in the product's imports into Ukraine.
Nevertheless, it is worth noting that Argentina managed to retain the second place in the ranking of Ukraine's largest citrus suppliers, as the country accounted for about 22% of all imports in September. It is followed by Turkey with a share of 16%. The leading supplier is South Africa, which since the beginning of the current season has accounted for about 51% of all citrus imported into Ukraine.
It is worth noting that in the first month of the 2017/18 season, Ukraine imported much less citrus than in September of the previous year, with lemon shipments recording the most significant drop.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market