Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran to offer reduced banana import tariff if traders also export oranges
As per a regulation ratified by the government on Nov. 8, bananas can be imported into Iran at a low tariff of 5% if oranges are exported in return.
If traders want only to import bananas without any orange exports, they are required to pay a 20% tariff.
Before the new regulation, banana import tariff stood at 26%, Mehr News Agency reported.
Previously, the government had conditioned banana imports on the exports of either apples or raisins. The new regulation adds oranges to the list.
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: