Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Dorì kiwis available in China
Dorì golden kiwis are just the latest Italian kiwi variety to have reached China. The event raised considerable interest among local operators, who are searching for a product with golden flesh and excellent organoleptic qualities.
Alberto Raviolo and Giampaolo Dal Pane from Dorì Europe, together with Kevin Auyeung, commented that "these are the first shipments in a long series, but we need to remember our produce is excellent and must be treated as such. The Chinese market offers great opportunities but it's very demanding at the same time, this is why Dorì is perfect. The Brix level is over 16° and flesh texture is ideal for commercialisation."
Giampaolo Dal Pane added that "the first orchards were planted and grafted the month after the Consortium was created in February 2016. Now we are in China to verify quality on arrival and support local distributors."
"I would like to thank producers as well as consortium partners because they are investing in this variety and are committed to obtaining the best quality. Demands are extremely high, so it takes hard work to please consumers."
Kevin Auyeung concluded by saying that "the Chinese market must be understood, interpreted and supported because this variety could be very successful. But quality must be kept high, as well as shape, appearance and flavour."
Consorzio Dorì Europe
Tel.: (+39) 329.4335604
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: