Job offersmore »
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Spain is the number one exporter of fresh fruit and vegetables globally
- AU: Strong cherry production helps drive Tasmania's agri-food growth
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Dorì kiwis available in China
Dorì golden kiwis are just the latest Italian kiwi variety to have reached China. The event raised considerable interest among local operators, who are searching for a product with golden flesh and excellent organoleptic qualities.
Alberto Raviolo and Giampaolo Dal Pane from Dorì Europe, together with Kevin Auyeung, commented that "these are the first shipments in a long series, but we need to remember our produce is excellent and must be treated as such. The Chinese market offers great opportunities but it's very demanding at the same time, this is why Dorì is perfect. The Brix level is over 16° and flesh texture is ideal for commercialisation."
Giampaolo Dal Pane added that "the first orchards were planted and grafted the month after the Consortium was created in February 2016. Now we are in China to verify quality on arrival and support local distributors."
"I would like to thank producers as well as consortium partners because they are investing in this variety and are committed to obtaining the best quality. Demands are extremely high, so it takes hard work to please consumers."
Kevin Auyeung concluded by saying that "the Chinese market must be understood, interpreted and supported because this variety could be very successful. But quality must be kept high, as well as shape, appearance and flavour."
Consorzio Dorì Europe
Tel.: (+39) 329.4335604
Publication date: 11/15/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: