Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Challenges and opportunities for Colombia's banana sector
- Morocco: Strawberry acreage grows from 10 to 3,660 hectares in 27 years
- California growers set out to fully assess wildfire damage
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
New autonomous on-rail camera system to improve greenhouse managementFollowing the launch of iUNU’s flagship LUNA greenhouse management platform, the company has now unveiled its latest innovation, the Luna rail network and autonomous camera system.
The new tool leverages how machines and computers emulate the human brain and eyes to create images and understanding about the growing process and operation.
Luna works by using a rail-mounted, autonomous mobile camera that captures close-up, high-definition plant images, and high-definition emplaced cameras that watch and keep track of the total growing process. This, combined with visual information data points gathered from in-canopy sensors, tells growers what is actually happening.
At the same time, Luna is building models of real-time growth curves and proactively notifying the team if subsequent crops deviate from established standards. By coupling these alerts with workflow management dashboards, managers can more easily assign tasks and track all the care required for a specific crop. Luna is also accessible through any Internet-connected device through a native mobile application or a desktop browser.
“Our technology helps growers optimize greenhouse farming through images and data, improving performance and demand-driven agriculture. Simply put: Luna has got your back,” said iUNU CEO Adam Greenberg. “The Luna rail network and camera are the latest grower-focused, plant-centric solutions from iUNU, and we are just getting started,” Greenberg continued.
The arrival of the rail network and camera augments the Luna software platform’s computervision and machine learning technologies to continuously build detailed models of individual plants throughout the day while addressing greenhouse-wide operations issues.
Using high resolution imagery, as well as bioinformatics, the system provides an innovative approach to monitoring tiny changes in plant behavior, allowing for more proactive management.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/16/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: