Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Du Toit Cherry Time™
South Africa: "We could export everything on quality, but we’re focusing on building the local market."The Du Toit family have been producing fruit in the Western Cape for 120 years, but this is only the fourth year of cherry production. This year's Cherry Time™ crop estimates look very good and the size is said to be looking excellent.
"The drought situation is very dire and much worse than last season," explains Tanith Freeman, Product Development Manager at Dutoit. "However we have made adjustments to ensure that cherries receive the full allocation of water needed for a normal crop."
Du Toit exports 60% of the Cherry Time™ production and the rest go to the local market. "We could export everything on quality, but we’re focusing on building the Cherry Time™ brand in our local market."
The cherry season will run from November to January.
"We spent years searching for just the right cherry cultivar. Finally, we found the plumpest and juiciest of the bunch."
The cherry farmers put a lot of effort into cultivating the perfect cherries. The Cherry Time™ team tends to the orchards all year round; preparing for the harvest. They work meticulously, but fast, to pick, cool, pack and deliver the harvest as soon as possible.
Our people are just as important as our produce.
"It is only through the hard work and commitment of the Cherry Time™ team that we can bring you the very best cherries", says Gysbert du Toit, Marketing Director at Dutoit. “That’s why we share the fruits of our labour with our farming community. By ploughing a portion of our profits back into various community projects, we help them grow their future”.
Find us online to read more about our social development programmes.
Cherry Time™ is available online at www.cherrytime.co.za and can be delivered to the customer's door in selected areas.
Cherry Time™ works closely with Aramex to provide a fresh shipping experience for their customers. The first deliveries will take place from 21 - 24 November.
For more information:
Dutoit Agri (Pty) Ltd.
Tel: +27 (0)23 312 3139
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: