Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cuba will boost fruit and vegetable production
Cuba is starting a project to encourage the production of fruits in two provinces of the country. The project is valued at six million dollars, and will be carried out with the cooperation of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the Canadian embassy in Cuba.
According to official information, the goal of the program, which will be developed under the control of the Ministry of Agriculture, is to increase the production of guava, mango, and papaya by 10 to 30 percent.
The program will be carried out in the provinces of Artemisa, in the western part of the island, very close to Havana; and in Santiago de Cuba, in the east of the country.
Soledad Bauza, the representative of the UNDP on the island, said the project was an excellent opportunity to contribute to the 2030 National Development Plan by introducing new technology bases, patterns of use of productive factors, production management, and organization models in the production of fruit trees.
Publication date: 11/14/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: