Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Global leadership in postharvest
AgroFresh purchases 75% of Tecnidex
AgroFresh, a US company that is a world leader in post harvest, has reached an agreement to buy 75% of the Spanish company TECNIDEX.
Through this agreement, TECNIDEX will continue developing its project in Spain and in the world and have access to all the technologies, products, research and global distribution of AgroFresh, as it will now be part of this multinational's project.
This agreement has been possible because both companies share the same philosophy and business culture in everything related to personnel policy, research, innovation, environmental protection, customer service, and dealing with suppliers.
Jordi Ferre, the executive director of AgroFresh, said: "Both companies share a strong and passionate commitment to providing innovative solutions to their customers. In addition, both companies have grown thanks to the work and dedication of their teams and employees."
In turn, Manuel Garcia-Portillo, president of TECNIDEX, said that "both companies have multiple food preservation solutions that improve quality and extend life in many crops and fruits."
The teams of AgroFresh and TECNIDEX have shown great enthusiasm for this agreement as they are aware that they are taking a step forward to continue growing in the global leadership in postharvest.
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: