- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Spain: FEPEX concerned about “invasion” of Moroccan exports to Europe
The decision of the European Court of Justice of 21 December 2016 seems to have had no effect on trade between Morocco and the European Union, according to figures released by FEPEX in early November.
The Spanish Association observed a "strong rise" of the Kingdom's agricultural exports to the EU and Spanish markets between January and August 2017, up 14 percent and 24 percent over the same period last year, respectively.
"These figures are worrisome," they said, lamenting how Moroccan-branded products have overlapped in the European markets with Spanish products without automatically triggering the measures set out in the Agricultural Agreement, which aims to prevent such disturbances in the common market.
The Spanish Association is concerned not only with the "invasion" of Moroccan agricultural exports into the European markets, but also expressed its concern about the "major investment programs" made by the Moroccan government for the development of fruit and vegetable cultivation, which is based on the search for other international markets, such as China and the Arabic and African countries.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-13 EFSA expands simplified food safety management system
- 2018-11-13 Fedefruta visits the Chinese markets that receive Chilean fruit
- 2018-11-13 Sudan and Egypt mending frayed relationship
- 2018-11-13 Contraband from Poland via Belarus stopped
- 2018-11-13 China declares openness to Polish imports, including fruit and veg
- 2018-11-13 Egypt allowed to export dates to China in January 2019
- 2018-11-13 Italy and Brexit drag European currencies down, US Dollar at a 1,5 year high
- 2018-11-13 Kenya: Horticulture earnings hit Sh104bn in eight months
- 2018-11-13 'New Zealand could be forced to pick a side between US and China'
- 2018-11-13 Macron: "Euro is not a clear alternative to US Dollar"
- 2018-11-13 South Africa: Citrus farmers complain about lack of water licenses
- 2018-11-12 China signs agreements opening access to Kenyan exports
- 2018-11-12 Moldova: New standard labeling and sorting system for fruit and veg
- 2018-11-12 Moldova exporting apples to Saudi Arabia for the first time
- 2018-11-09 China will further reduce custom tariffs
- 2018-11-09 AliBaba announces 200 billion USD worth of US import in next 5 years
- 2018-11-09 Moldova wants to re-establish ties with Russia
- 2018-11-09 Vietnam: In search of Israel’s hi-tech farming assistance
- 2018-11-09 Fepex proposes contingency plan in case of no deal Brexit
- 2018-11-09 A Panamanian fruit export company makes its way in China